A cookie is a file that is downloaded on a user’s computer/smartphone/tablet, when they access certain web pages, in order to store and retrieve information about browsing done on that device.
IVI UK uses the cookies listed in the table below on this website:
|Google Maps Cookies||These are cookies used by external add-ons (the Google Maps API) and their purpose is the geolocation of data.|
|Google Security Cookies||Security cookies prevent the fraudulent use of sign-in credentials and protect users’ data from unauthorised third parties.|
|Google Advertising Cookies||This is used to make advertising more appealing to users and more beneficial to publishers and advertisers. It is normally used to select advertisements based on content that is relevant to a user, to improve reports on the performance of a campaign and to avoid showing advertisements that the user has already seen.|
|Google Preferences Cookies||They record the preferences of individual users and keep these the same when they return (language configuration, shopping baskets, forms on the site, etc.) in order to improve the user’s experience of the site.|
|Google Analytics||These cookies are used to compile information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to produce reports and to help us to improve the site for you. These cookies gather information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the site and the pages that they viewed.|
|Hotjar||We use this information to produce reports and to help us to improve the site for you. These cookies gather information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the site and the pages that they viewed.|
|Act On||These cookies make able to better track, score, measure, connect, learn, and consequently improves the customer journey.|
Users can choose at any time which cookies they want to function on this website in the following ways:
- Browser configuration; for example:
- Chrome, from https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer, from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Firefox, from https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari, from http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Other third-party tools, available online, which enable users to detect the cookies on each website that they visit and to disable them.