SEMEN FROM THE COUPLE
In vitro fertilisation using semen from the couple is recommended for:
- Patients for whom previous simpler treatments, such as artificial insemination, have failed.
- Women with an absence of or lesions on the Fallopian tubes. These are important for natural fertilisation or artificial insemination.
- Women suffering from advanced endometriosis, with probable repercussions on the tubes and on oocyte quality.
- Situations in which a limited number of oocytes are available.
- Cases of severe male factor infertility.